*Triboelectric Effect: Very Important

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *Triboelectric Effect: Very Important

Post by Cr6 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 am

Just wanted to point out that perhaps the "stretching" or "shrinking" of molecules in certain materials adjusts "charge flow". "Strained" results in new charge field flows?

"Triboelectric charging experiments are generally known for their -- as some would say -- charmingly inconsistent results," said Andrew Wang, a Case Western Reserve PhD student and co-author who led the work. "What was surprising to me, initially, was the consistency of the unstrained versus strained charging results."

Cr6
Admin

View user profile http://milesmathis.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LloydK on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Elaborate, if you like, Cr6.

LloydK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevyn on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Instead of stretching and shrinking, I would assume they are being charged up and down by the atoms internal protons being given spin from the ambient charge field (which is not the Earth's ambient field, at least completely). I've also played with the idea that atoms pulse charge photons back and forth along their north/south axis (between the north and south hook proton stacks) as a charge storage mechanism.

Now that I think about it, if the protons are given more spin (not spun-up), then they would exert more pressure on each other, causing a slight stretching and shrinking. So I would say they are close on this one, but probably up-side-down at the same time (just because most things are).

Actually, the internal pressure might not be because of the spin energy but the extra charge photons in the ambient field. The extra spin energy certainly helps, but it is the increase in the number of collisions that matters when it comes to pressure, so I think it is probably more about there being more charge to throw around.

I haven't actually looked into triboelectric charging experiments though, just running with Cr6's sentence and Miles' (and my own) ideas.
Nevyn
Admin

View user profile http://www.nevyns-lab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cr6 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Just to add this example for a recent discovery which appears similar in some respects. Perhaps the low voltage on the surface affects charge flow with copper and water. N-S is at play here as well:

This new study creates a material that can switch properties in seconds – instead of hours – and it'll surprise you with how simple it turned out to be.

The scientists used a copper based surface which changes from water loving to water hating by simply changing the voltage applied across the surface. The voltage required to change the properties of the surface is as low as 1.5 volts – lower than that found in a normal household battery.

"When tiny voltages are applied to the surface, water droplets that initially roll off stick to it more and more tightly," says Ben Zahiri, one of the researchers, from the University of British Columbia (UBC).

"By changing the magnitude of the voltage and how long it is applied, we can easily control the angle that each droplet forms with the surface and how quickly this happens."

The copper is deposited on a surface by a process called electrodeposition, which causes the copper to grow like an array of Christmas trees.

Makes me think of this as well -- dissipative and chaotic structures with the Charge Field. Which structures allow a "rewind" and which do not,  is this at play with triboelectric phenomenon...?

Ilya Prigogine was a Belgian physical chemist who won the Nobel prize for investigating the irreversibility of processes in complex physical systems that are far from equilibrium conditions.

The physics equations describing classical dynamical motions are time reversible. One can replace the time variable t by negative time -t in the equations (reversing the time) and they remain equally valid. For example, if time were reversed, the earth would revolve around the sun in the opposite direction, but that seems quite acceptable.

However, many everyday processes cannot be reversed. If time were reversed, the steam (visible as water vapor) coming out of a kettle boiling water on the stove would instead go back into the kettle. It would look like a film played backwards. With time reversed, a glass shattering on the floor would miraculously reassemble its shards flying in all directions and rise back up onto the table. No such processes are ever seen in nature.

http://milesmathis.the-talk.net/t159-the-charge-field-and-dissipative-structures#1091

Cr6
Admin

View user profile http://milesmathis.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum