Announcement for This Saturday or Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement for This Saturday or Sunday

Post by LloydK on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Hey, Folks, I thought this could be a good place to get each other's attention.

We can say here briefly what topic we're working on and give a link to it or the name of the board.

Si?

LloydK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Get Attention Here?

Post by LongtimeAirman on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Why Hi Lloyd! I'm embarrassed I just noticed a message "Get Attention Here?"

L_1 Hey, Folks, I thought this could be a good place to get each other's attention.
L_1A Well that worked well.
   No-one else answered either. You post most often, and so can get  by me quite often. I don't review the board everyday, and usually not on work/weekdays. Actually there is too much going on.  There are diverse topics on each separate and many strings. By time I come across some of them, its like finding forgotten things. I can receive e-mail notices, but that just increases the odds of missing messages like this one. Actually you aren't expecting an immediate answer, you are suggesting a new feature.

L_2 We can say here briefly what topic we're working on and give a link to it or the name of the board.
L_2A Are you suggesting that we edit this entry whenever we want to change some bit of information or other and treat it like a social page?
   Also, does "the name of the board", mean the same as each chapter in a book, or each string heading? (Rather than on a single posting). Of course we rely primarily on subject organization for sorting individual content. And there are always different ways of doing things. And then some.

L_3 Si?
L_3A Agreed, but I think it's lost here. How about a "You Are Here" sign, or "Directory", or a "Bulletin Board" - like they put inside mall entrances - maybe on the Portal. It may help simplify things. Our Mission Statement is fairly obvious, (beware) though it could might do with some site specifics and pointers. I would defer to Cr6 or Nevyn's judgement.

Last edited by LongtimeAirman on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

LongtimeAirman
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Announcement for This Saturday or Sunday

Post by LloydK on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Airman, I had a message here a couple weeks ago mentioning a few topics that I had just posted about in another section (or board). Then, after a week or so, I deleted the message, because it was old news. No, I wasn't thinking of making this a socializing place. Just a place for announcements.

LloydK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Announcement for This Saturday or Sunday

Post by Cr6 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Just an FYI.... the Forum here is still alive. Cool

Cr6
Admin

View user profile http://milesmathis.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Easy Questionnaire

Post by Lloydd on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Here's a questionnaire to make it easier to decide which of Mathis' ideas to help prove and promote at this time: http://goo.gl/forms/KGxC31aJVq

One person wants to have Etherpad discussion this weekend. Anyone else?

Lloydd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum